Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June - the diet begins

Our garden just getting started.....as is a new diet.



I have been very frustrated with my weight and inability to manage it. The joint issues and general health issues are at a critical stage I believe. If I don't do something, I can imagine myself almost immobile before too much longer. Not good. I joined a weight study through Kaiser a year ago. The first 6 months they taught us their basic weight loss program of recording and measuring and awareness. The second 6 months we were split into 2 groups, one learned an accupressure technique and the group I was in did the basic social support meetings once a month. I lost the 10 pounds required in the first 6 months, and then proceeded to gain it back in the next 6 months. My sister JoAnn went on the Medifast diet and had successfully lost quite a bit of weight. When I went to my Aunt Gladys funeral in May, I found that several of my cousins had also done or were doing Medifast and having a lot of success. I learned that Cindy was working as a consultant for the company, so I contacted her to help me get started and to provide support through the program. I received the first order of food in mid-June and took these pictures as I started the diet.

No comments: